Skip Navigation

20 May 2010

Top Five Questions About Advance Parole

Since issuing a reminder on advance parole last month, we’ve received several comments and questions. Here are some of those questions followed by our answers:

1. Why are some Advance Parole (AP) documents issued for multiple entries and some for a single entry?

Most AP documents are issued for multiple entries; however, they may be issued for a single entry. Please also keep in mind that the granting of AP is a discretionary action and USCIS is not statutorily obligated to issue AP.

2. Which parts of the Form I-131 do I complete if I want to apply for AP?

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, is used for three things:
  • Advance Parole
  • Reentry Permits
  • Refugee Travel Documents
Depending on what you are applying for, you would fill out different sections of the form. It is important to read all the instructions for the I-131 application, but to summarize the sections of the form:

Part 1: All applicants must complete this section.
Part 2: All applicants must complete this section.
Part 3: All applicants must complete this section.
Part 4: All applicants must complete this section.

Part 5: Only applicants for a reentry permit complete this section.
Part 6: Only applicants for a refugee travel document complete this section.
Part 7: Only applicants for advance parole complete this section.

Part 8: All applicants must complete this section.

3. I filed my I-131 application online, where do I send the supporting documentation?

Information about where to send your supporting documentation is provided when you submit your application electronically. You will be provided with a confirmation sheet when you submit your application online and you must place a copy of this confirmation sheet on top of your supporting documentation when you mail it to USCIS.

4. I have applied for a Green Card (Adjustment of Status) and have lived in the United States illegally, and recently received an AP document. Does this mean that it is okay for me to travel outside the U.S.?

Under the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, individuals who depart the United States after being unlawfully present in the United States for certain periods can be barred from admission to lawful permanent resident status, even if they have obtained Advance Parole. Individuals who have been unlawfully present in the United States for more than 180 days, but less than one year, are inadmissible for three years; those who have been unlawfully present for one year or more are inadmissible for 10 years. Individuals who are unlawfully present, then depart the United States and subsequently reenter under a grant of parole, may still be ineligible to adjust their status (get a Green Card).

5. I have an emergency and need to travel, but don’t have AP, what should I do?

Applicants may submit Form I-131 and request expedited processing. Additionally, applicants may request an emergency AP document at their local USCIS field office, however, this should only been done in extremely urgent situations. To request emergency AP at your local office, please make an Infopass appointment and be sure to bring with you the completed I-131 application, two passport-style photos, the appropriate application fee, and supporting documentation verifying the emergency and the need to travel urgently. Please see our “Emergency Travel” page for more information.



At May 20, 2010 at 3:36:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the answers for above questions, most of which are already known to many that are involved in the immigration process with extensive backlog requiring submission of the I-131 each year. However, you have left out the answer to one very important question. The one where you need to explain why the dates on the renewed AP documents are not a continuation of the expiring AP document.

The USCIS website mentions 3 months as the processing time for the form I-131. Hence we submit the application according to these timelines. But when they are processed within 2 - 3 weeks, they do not continue from the last date of the expiring AP but from the date of issue of the new AP, hence we tend to lose around 3 months each time we renew our AP. Hence when we renew for 4 times due to the extensive pending backlog we have essentially paid for 4 years worth of AP but only receive 3 years worth of travel time document. I do not mind paying for the AP each year to ensure that I can travel outside the country, but I need to get what I pay for.

Kindly respond to this scenario and what measures are being taken to rectify this.

At May 21, 2010 at 1:09:00 AM EDT , Anonymous jamith said...

Still i have one query that how much time it will take to get emergency AP? like after doing all the process like you told above( submit I-131 form, photo, fees etc) after that how much time it will take to get AP?

At May 21, 2010 at 12:51:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Hart Z. said...


I'm afraid you didn't really answer the first question, with regard to why. Could you clarify a bit more? Also, if a person is planning multiple trips, but only received a single-entry AP, should s/he apply for another one right away, renew the first one, or possibly go to a local office and change it to multiple entries? Thanks.

At May 21, 2010 at 4:14:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Sjsu said...

My answer to first comment of Jamith: AP is not like EAD or Green card which once renewed , starts renewal period from date of expiry. Each AP is independent document normally valid for one year.If you feel USCIS issuing the AP in less time , then do not apply 3 month before but only a month. Each AP will start from date of approval of I-131 application and it has nothing to do with previous AP date of expiry.

At May 22, 2010 at 5:58:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for an article on Advance Parole.

Unfortunately, I think you have missed some of the most important questions; the answers to which can have a serious effect on people's status, pending AOS and validity of the Advance Parole document.

The number 1 question I see is :

Can I apply for Advance Parole from outside the US?


If I apply for Advance Parole whilst I am in the US, can I leave the US and have someone send it to me after it has been approved to use for reentry?


I am outside the US and my Advance Parole has expired. How can I return to the US?
Often this is also accompanied by additional information that they don't have and can't obtain H or L visa stamping.

I suggest they all look at: (Q26 and ADDENDUM V)

The other common question about Advance Parole is:

If I enter The US using Advance Parole, am I still in H1B status?

This is particularly pertinent when the dependent needs to maintain, or be admitted in H4 status.

I suggest they read this article and look at their I-94 after an entry using Advance Parole.

Many lawyers seem to misinterpret the Cronin Memo and give their clients extremely bad advice on this issue.

At May 24, 2010 at 5:55:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Sjsu,

can you explain why is the AP not like an EAD? What other document can you find in this process that is not linked to the previous expiring document?

It seems that you have not read the previous blog:

Please read the first suggestion and the USCIS response. It clearly highlights the fact AP is in fact similar to the EAD, hence the discussion around combining into a single document.

At May 24, 2010 at 8:04:00 PM EDT , Anonymous JoeF said...

"If I apply for Advance Parole whilst I am in the US, can I leave the US and have someone send it to me after it has been approved to use for reentry?"

It is very well known that you have to have AP in hand before leaving to avoid abandoning the I-485 (unless you have a valid H1 visa.)

At May 25, 2010 at 2:21:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is out of topic but just wanted to raise a question to USCIS.

On December 5, 2008 USCIS issued a memo in which USCIS hinted at quicker processing times for Schedule A applications? Any follow up on this? Here is the link to the memo -
Also what happened to Schedule-A category in Visa Bulletin?

At May 25, 2010 at 2:42:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Sjsu said...

To : At May 24, 2010 5:55:00 PM EDT , Anonymous .

My point is to help you and not to get into debate to prove one's point. In future the EAD may be combined with AP with endorsment " valid for entry into US". This is to reduce the cost and benefit adjust status applicants from filing of
I-131 repeatedly in case adjust status prolongs. So in short EAD will incorporate AP function too and then it will be renewed on expiry.

At May 25, 2010 at 2:47:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Sjsu said...

To JoeF:

Yes you can leave and some one can mail you the AP to reenter US. But what if AP is denied ? Even if approved as seen online and you leave and AP do not reach your address or gets lost as its sent by routine mail. Do rethink and decide accordingly.

At May 25, 2010 at 7:16:00 PM EDT , Anonymous JoeF said...

"Yes you can leave and some one can mail you the AP to reenter US."

Not as far as I know. But it may be that they changed that recently. Do you have a pointer?

At May 26, 2010 at 4:36:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that USCIS is planning to raise fess for immigration related applications. I will be glad if that includes EAD and AP fees also.

Having waited for Green card for more than 8 years in the EB3 backlog, there would not be any good news than this.

I welcome USCIS to raise the fees generously. I will looking forward to pay more fees for my never ending EAD/AP applications. Just a reminder that I am paying on the average of $1000 every year for the past few years for EAD/AP alone.

I am sure the EAD/AP fees from the EB3 backlog applicants will be a steady stream of revenue in the years to come.

Thanks & Regards.

At May 26, 2010 at 6:32:00 PM EDT , Blogger Jetty said...

I married US citizen and my husband is going to apply for my green card, however, I have a 5-year-old daughter from previous marriage who's currently living out of the country. Can my husband apply visa or green card for my child the same time he file for my application?

At May 26, 2010 at 9:44:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...


Can you please blog about the FBI Name Check program.
There are a lot of questions that need some clarification.


At May 29, 2010 at 2:58:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If somebody is married to a permanent resident after the I-94 got expired, does it mean that if the greencard is approved, the person can not file for adjustment of status because her stay is unlawful?

At June 1, 2010 at 6:59:00 AM EDT , Anonymous jamith said...

hi, Sjsu, Thanks for replying, my doubt is cleared now - like you told Each AP will start from date of approval of I-131 application and it has nothing to do with previous AP date of expiry. I was worry about the Ap date of expiry, but it's cleared now as it is nothing to do with previous date. Thanks!

At June 1, 2010 at 9:34:00 AM EDT , Blogger USCIS Blog Team said...

@ commenters,

Thank you so much for your input. Just a reminder that we cannot accept comments that violate our comment policy. These include comments with personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and so on. Unfortunately, we have had to reject a handful of very good comments because they contained personal information such as an email address.

At June 4, 2010 at 3:31:00 PM EDT , Blogger SCNC said...

I have been in the United States legally for the past 3yrs. i was granted asylum in 2007 and I applied for my wife and three kids. In 2009, I got a letter from USCIS saying I fall under 212(a)3(b) of the INA.
My 1-485 application has been pending since Sept 2008.
I have been missing my wife and kids for all these years and feel that my family is breaking apart. I have applied for a travel Document so that my wife and kids could meet me in a neighboring country and we all spend sometime. My travel document as well has been pending yet USCIS says it take 3months to process. What might the problem be? Is it an obligation for USCIS to issue travel document to people, or its their discretion? Am I in the first place authorize to go out and meet with my family in a neighboring country? What do I need to bring back as proof to show that I am not returning from the country I fear prosecution ?

At June 5, 2010 at 4:30:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...


"If I apply for Advance Parole whilst I am in the US, can I leave the US and have someone send it to me after it has been approved to use for reentry?"

It is very well known that you have to have AP in hand before leaving to avoid abandoning the I-485 (unless you have a valid H1 visa.)

Apparently not well known enough.

At June 6, 2010 at 8:16:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you said " ...have a 5-year-old daughter from previous marriage who's currently living out of the country. Can my husband apply visa or green card for my child the same time he file for my application? " absolutely... as long as the marriage with the US citizen took place before the child was 18 years old; she is his daughter as well. Since she is out of the country he needs to either do a I-824 form and sent it in now, as soon as you get your LPR, the US embassy in her country will call her for a visa interview

Better, if it was me I would petition for her separately and within about 8 to 12 months she should be in the States... If you have been married less than 2 years, both you and your daughter will get a Conditional residency greencard good for 2 years; 3 months before 2 years with green cards both of you will have to apply for removal of conditional residency form I-751 i think... hope this helps

At June 9, 2010 at 3:44:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, JoeF is correct. If you read any of the forms or reams of information available online in this site it states clearly that if you leave while your I-485 is pending without your AP then you have abandoned your I-485.

At July 26, 2010 at 5:13:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a pending I485 and will be abondoning my H1 and switching to EAD/AP. I do the same for my wife (H4 to EAD/AP). What do I need to do for my 6 years old child? I guess that he only needs AP? Thanks.

At September 3, 2010 at 12:16:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a French citizen getting married to a US citizen.
If I was getting married tomorrow,how long would it take before I could obtain authorization the leave the country for a trip abroad (2-3 weeks)?
(Assuming I'm filing all the required documents, how long is the whole process expected to last?)
Thank you for your help

At October 4, 2010 at 2:23:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can i travel on approved Advance Parole (online status says approved 2 weeks ago). I haven't received paper document through mail yet. Can someone from my family can mail it to me once it arrived and i can re-enter to US based on that? I have an emergent situation to travel, and i expedited the process for that. It has been approved but waiting to be mailed from last 2 weeks.

At October 6, 2010 at 4:10:00 PM EDT , Anonymous pamukkale said...

Thanks for sharing this post

At October 7, 2010 at 6:50:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our advance parole applications are pending over 3 months. The USCIS case status check site shows no progress an center processing time web page show 3 months processing time for advance parole documents. We need to visit home country for several important reasons but none are critical. We cannot book air tickets and they are getting expensive day by day because of upcoming Christmas and December holidays. What shall we do?

At October 13, 2010 at 2:32:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My advance parole document was approved but was lost in the regular mail that USCIS sent out to my address ( did not move in the last few years ). Have tickets to travel in November. Can anything be done about it?
I called the USCIS toll-free number and was told to reapply. But I have already paid the fees for it and I just need a copy of the document. Is there a way to request that.

At October 14, 2010 at 11:52:00 AM EDT , Anonymous s said...

Could we get some update on Advance Parole/I-131 processing delays. Many have been waiting for more than the normal processing time. More closer to the holidays of the year, many would want to visit families abroad. This is really affecting the bond that keeps the families intact. This seems a big gap or showing indifference in the USCIS' understanding of processing the Advance Parole/I-131 applications in time. And this seems more like an organization/institute not understanding its customer needs. Who that have been waiting, will wholeheartedly thank USCIS effort to resolve this sooner.

At October 22, 2010 at 4:07:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have received our AP documents approved in 3 months and 20 days from NSC.

At October 27, 2010 at 3:11:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I filed for AP along with money order in June 2010. I've not received ducument in the mail as of October. I received a letter saying that it is lost in the mail and not returned by the post office and that I must file again and PAY AGAIN. Is this true? My address is correct. Please help. I have all receipt copies.

At November 1, 2010 at 2:14:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When can we expect approvals from TSC? I am supposed to travel in 2 days' time and have still not received my AP approval. It is so frustrating and disappointing when you are told that only a serious medical condition or severe financial loss can be reasons to expedite your application. It seems like these rules were made by people who don't have familes and who don't consider weddings, holidays, etc to be important enough reasons for an individual to visit his/her family.

When EAD and AP renewals are a sure shot way of generating revenue for the country, what is the motivation to issue green cards? After all, the Govt. can be sure we legal immigrants will work hard, pay taxes, contribute towards social security, and make sure we never do anything remotely illegal to jeopardise our lives here. And not to forget pay every year for these renewals that take their own sweet time to happen!

At March 7, 2011 at 10:57:00 AM EST , Anonymous Gus Rogers said...

Immigration AP; useful but quite outdated.

At April 30, 2011 at 9:49:00 AM EDT , Anonymous jacob möbel said...

It is interesting to read about this Advance Parole process. I'm based in Europe and have heard about the application procedures. In my opinion it sounds quite useful and I don't think that it is outdated.

At May 4, 2011 at 11:18:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Advance Parole was approved more than a month ago according to online status on but I never received a hard copy.

After taking several Infopass appointments, filing several service requests and calling USCIS a dozen of times nobody from USCIS is able to tell me where it is!

I doubt it was lost, I never had any issues with mails (my EAD was approved the same day as Advance Parole and I received it within a week) and I haven't moved.

As the Advance Parole was approved, why can't USCIS just print another copy?
It's scandalous that USCIS ask applicants to apply again, pay again the fee and wait until they review the application which was already approved.
With the high price of USCIS fees, USCIS should use trackable mail if regular mail isn't reliable.
After doing some research I found out that some applicants who had their advance parole approved but never received it got in touch with the USCIS ombudsman which is here to help solving problems with USCIS. After the ombudsman investigation, it seems that USCIS sometimes didn't produced and mailed the Advance Parole document because they lost the pictures!
I submitted my case to the Ombudsman and to my congressman expecting they can figure out and solve this Advance Parole problem.

USCIS it's nice to have a blog but it would be even nicer to review with more care the applications that you receive...

At June 21, 2011 at 5:19:00 PM EDT , Anonymous John Pmicost said...

I had a similar thing happen with my A.P. as did the May 4th poster with it apparently getting lost. Online status showed an approval but I never received it. Do I have to pay again? How do I get another copy.

At June 28, 2011 at 12:30:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an AC21 portability rule related question. Most in my family each have an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Our priority date is Feb, 2007. My son is 19, is going to college, has a job, and wants to move out on his own. I know that the USCIS, by law, require that a Change Of Address be submitted for each Alien #. Is it lawful for my 19 year old to live on his own?

At November 7, 2011 at 8:38:00 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yes you can leave and some one can mail you the AP to reenter US."

Can you tell us why you believe this to be true? We were wondering about this.

At December 16, 2011 at 10:41:00 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...


At April 18, 2012 at 11:03:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a valid H1 authorization at this point valid till 2014. I am planning to visit my home country towards the end of the year and will need to re-stamp H1 visa as the visa stamp I have currently was for an earlier employer and I changed my H1 sponsorship in between. I am planning to file for GC in a couple of weeks. I have two questions:

1. Will I be able to secure an AP before November 2012?
2. If I get an AP, can I still get my H1 visa stamp renewed? Will it have any affect on my GC application?

Thanks & Regards... HB

At June 24, 2012 at 11:03:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible to request a change of Processing Center for an I-485 application?... if so, what is the process?...

At January 6, 2013 at 12:55:00 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear USCIS Officer,

Current status: I-485 pending.
Family emergency: Father admitted to hospital in critical condition.
Immediately on 1/3/13, I filed my I-131 online and submitted supporting document to USCIS Texas Service Center.
On my Cover letter, i noted URGENT processing consideration. In this case, will USCIS treat as expedited processing. is the emergency travel and making appointment still applicable?

At February 17, 2013 at 4:20:00 AM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to India on AP. it is upto Oct.2013. Meanwhile I got approval for GC. Can I stay upto the end my Parole period.

At February 21, 2013 at 10:16:00 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my Tps expires on July 5 2013, can I apply for advance parole a few days before the tps expiration.

At March 11, 2013 at 7:43:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i ve emegency back home and i need to travel by july..wats de supposed date do i ve to apply before ma travel date and was it safe to travel with advance parole..tank you

At April 5, 2013 at 5:28:00 PM EDT , Blogger Mireya Cadena said...

I was recently granted deferred action for childhood arrivals and I was offered a paid internship of three months to study and work abroad next fall. My question is: Since I will be less than 180 days out o the U.S. am I at risk of not being able to reenter the country? Does deferred action for childhood arrival gives you a guarantee to reenter with no problem?

At April 9, 2013 at 3:11:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been granted AP before and used it.........however i had to re file my 485 which i already had my interview and all i hv to do is take my wife Taxes in,i got a new AP and i wanna travel in this month for 5 days to visit my family,can i use it seeing that i don't have any more interviews,they approved my I130 since 2011

At April 25, 2013 at 11:24:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. When using AP and after it has been approved and granted, do you still have to inform anyone in the US that you are leaving the country? Do you have to inform the U.S. Consulate of the country that you are going to that you are there? Is there a specific amount of time that you can be out of the country for? For example, is 5 weeks okay or too much?

At May 1, 2013 at 9:21:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My I-485 has finally been approved and I just received the Welcome Notice today (green card is in the process of making and should be received within 3 weeks). Have a family emergency and need to be in Japan this weekend. Can I use this welcome notice to leave/enter the US, without the greencard? Without AP or green card, how can I travel outside the US for just a few days? Thank you.

At July 28, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can any one answer the question "My I-485 has finally been approved and I just received the Welcome Notice today (green card is in the process of making and should be received within 3 weeks). Have a family emergency and need to be in Japan this weekend. Can I use this welcome notice to leave/enter the US, without the greencard? Without AP or green card, how can I travel outside the US for just a few days?"

At August 10, 2013 at 4:11:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the answers to the above posts about approved APs and missing hard copies in the mail?! I too am in this situation and no one at the Service Center would help me. I was even given false information TWICE that they would send out another copy. My only sister's wedding in Canada is NEXT WEEK and I applied for the AP beginning of June. It is approved and the Card got sent out on June 28th. Never arrived. Many desperate phone calls to the USCIS leave me with nothing but false information and no interest in helping me in this matter whatsoever. No one told me that I might have to re-apply either. The worst service I ever experienced. And we are paying a lot of money for this bad service, may I add.

At October 26, 2013 at 5:22:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder even someone working for USCIS would have even bothered or would bother to review this blog and try to generate some solutions!

At January 11, 2014 at 12:03:00 PM EST , Blogger stephanie said...


At February 10, 2014 at 10:38:00 AM EST , Blogger Marie Obtenu said...

I was leaving in the US since 1998 and I left voluntarily with my husband and children in 2005. We are now Canadian Citizen. Recently, we travel to another country but we had to take a different flight to come back to Canada (Airlines frequent stops) but we were denied re-entry to USA for our stops to get to our flight and said we have to wait for a certain period of time. I was wondering if that period expired, will be any more problem to travel or stop in the US or everything will be fine then???

At February 13, 2014 at 10:16:00 PM EST , Blogger Ashok Mahadik said...

I have come to US on a B2 visitors visa .My I-94 is valid till 13 th March 2014.I have recently filed I-485 application for change of status.My biometrics is also done.I am making plans to go back to my home country in September 2014 to meet my ailing mother.My B2 visa is valid till 2020.Is it necessary for me to apply for advance parole ? How many days in advance should I apply for AP before the intended date of departure.?Please advise me .

At February 18, 2014 at 1:16:00 PM EST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm on a h2b visa extension and will expire this may 2014 but left my employer last december 2013 to live with my wife, we got married this march 2014 and i need to go home to our country to attend my sister's wedding, my wife will process/file all the necessary documents to petition me outside the country, my question is will it affect the process because i left my employer

At May 16, 2014 at 8:56:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came here on K-1 but did not marry him, he is criminal. I did meet another and we love each other and got married. Can I stay in US and just return to home country for consular interview for spouse visa?

At May 19, 2014 at 4:24:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Canadian friend who lives in the U.S. Over a year ago she lost her job here and did not renew her work visa (not sure if it was a TN or H1B; or perhaps a green card?) What can she do now to become a legal citizen here? From what I've read, there is a 120-day period for renewal. Also, even is she were to marry a citizen, she could not apply for citizenship for at least 3 years? It's all mystifying to me. Could someone help me? Thanks.

At September 23, 2014 at 4:08:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long can one stay out of the country while their 485 is pending and have an approved EAD/AP combo card valid for 2years?

At January 27, 2015 at 7:46:00 PM EST , Blogger user said...

I am traveling to Italy this summer for educational purposes, if I want to go to Austria during the weekend, can I go with Advance Parole? I am a DACA recipient, will I have a problem when coming back to the United States because I went to Austria?

At April 1, 2015 at 12:00:00 PM EDT , Blogger Oyeniyi Bukola Adeyemi said...

Dear Officer-in-charge,
I am on H1B and my wife and children on H4. Recently i applied for Green Card through the Employer-Based option and we are currently at the point of Adjustment of Status, as the Labor Certification stage was successfully approved. I applied for Green card, EAD (for my wife) and Travel Document (for myself) to enable me give a lecture at a university in London.
I got a mail notifying me that my wife's EAD has been approved and that her EAD card has gone for production. I have not heard a word on my Travel Document and the trip date is fast approaching.
What do I do? I may be wrong, but i think that since the application are made together, I should have a response to my Travel Document also. Like i said above, I am ignorant of the process.
How and when would my Travel Document be issued?

At May 31, 2015 at 2:01:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My current green card expired in Feb 2015 and i have applied for my renewal of the Green card (I-90). I applied online for the green card approval. However, my travel is coming up in 2 weeks. Can I get advance parole based on the payment slip that I got emailed when I made the payment online when applying for my green card approval or do I have to wait for I-797 action from USCIS?

Any guidance is highly appreciated

At June 4, 2015 at 9:21:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a specific time to wait after a I485 marriage base interview to waiting for response from the USCIS. I have been waiting over 5 months without any communication from USCIS

At August 12, 2015 at 12:13:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received my Advance Parole and left the country upon receipt. I was allowed back into the country after inspection. I just noticed that the issue date was post dated as if it were issued after I returned (the return stamp for Dec. 1st and the issue date of the Advance Parole is December 3rd). Is this normal or a problem?

At August 17, 2015 at 4:23:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an AP valid for 2 years. My GC was recently approved, but due to delays at USCIS I have not received it in hand. I have a travel coming up in two weeks. Can I use my valid AP to re-enter the US?

At October 30, 2015 at 3:52:00 AM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to travel to Mexico because my grandmother is receiving chemiotherapy and she needs assistance because she is having complications I want to travel at the beginning of December should I write expedite on my application or will I be ok with regular application? ,I am applying under Daca

At January 10, 2016 at 8:27:00 PM EST , Blogger Unknown said...

If I receive the advance parole but the urgency for travel is removed do I still have to travel?

At August 22, 2016 at 8:38:00 PM EDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi everyone does any boby knows how long uscis is takin for an aproval of an advance parole? thanks alot my applicacion for advanced parole was received may 31 of 2016...


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home