USCIS to Host National Stakeholder Symposium on June 26, 2012
Are you one of our many stakeholders looking for an opportunity to engage with USCIS leadership on issues that are of critical importance to you?
The USCIS Public Engagement Division will host the first National Stakeholder Symposium on Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C.
The symposium will provide an opportunity for stakeholders to talk about the impact our strategic priorities and recent initiatives have on the diverse communities we serve; and will allow them to engage agency leadership in discussions on our policies and programs.
The symposium will feature full sessions and a series of breakout discussions to address key elements of our strategic priorities in more detail. Topics will include:
- Attracting Entrepreneurial Talent to the U.S.: The Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) Initiative and Other Opportunities to Promote Economic Growth
- USCIS’s Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS): Opportunities and Challenges for an Online Immigration Future
- Protecting the Integrity of the Immigration System: Trends and Program Enhancements
- Meeting Today’s Business Needs
- A Commitment to America’s Humanitarian Responsibilities: Updates from the Refugee, Asylum, and International Operations Directorate
- Meeting the Needs of a Diverse Customer Base
Following your registration, we will provide an email confirmation with additional details about the symposium, including a detailed agenda, breakout session descriptions, and materials to help plan your travel.
For more information on our upcoming symposium and additional USCIS outreach events, visit www.uscis.gov/outreach, or follow USCIS on Twitter, Facebook, or stay tuned to The Beacon.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at the symposium! We hope you will be able to attend this mutually engaging event!