AskUSCIS : We are here to help you!
Twitter Office Hours Second Tuesday of every month
We’re always working on new and different ways to help you. One idea is Twitter office hours, a series of events we launched on Sept. 1, 2015. During Twitter office hours, our experts answer your questions about the immigration process and working with us on other efforts. Here’s how it works:
- Follow @USCIS on Twitter.
- Ask your question in a tweet (not a direct message) using the #AskUSCIS hashtag.
- We can’t provide you case status updates, only answer general customer service questions. To check on your case any time, enter a receipt number at Case Status Online.
- Don’t post your A-Number, receipt number, Social Security number or any other personal information. Someone could use it to steal your identity.
- We’ll answer as many questions as we can during each session.
- Afterward, we’ll post a transcript of the questions and answers to this blog.
Most answers will include a link to specific pages on our website, uscis.gov, where you can get more information.
When you ask a question, let us know the form number you’re filing if you know it.
Remember: Don’t post your A-Number, receipt number, Social Security number or any other personally identifiable information on social media.
With Twitter office hours, we want to help you – either as you’re preparing forms or after you’ve filed. To help as many customers as possible, we won’t answer questions about policies or take questions from the media, government agencies or stakeholder organizations. Members of the media should contact the USCIS Press Office at (202) 272-1200.
Labels: customer service